Sunday, August 30, 2015

5 weeks and all is well !

 Actually better than well.

 5 weeks ago I was afraid to even try running again after having dealt with pain for months and all the failed attempts to start going again. I could not have hoped that things would be going so well with the comeback  this quickly.

  Last week I was able to get in 34 miles including a 10 mile run and my pace on all the shorter runs were as good as before the injury !

And then this past week was even better ! I ran 6 days and began adding some strides and surges into some of the runs to prepare for some faster workouts coming soon. I ended up the week with 38 miles with a 12 miler to top off the week.



 But the best thing was I finally was able to resume Fun Fridays with my amazing training partner Laura ! I wasn't sure that I was really quite ready to handle the pace I need to hang with her but we were ready to give it a shot and it went much better than I could have imagined ! The pace was about 15 to 20 seconds a mile faster than I expected and the effort based on my current condition was definitely tempo pace. We actually had to back off  a little after the 2nd mile ! It was work but I finished knowing I could  go for a bit more. I am looking forward to many more of these runs as I rebuild and go beyond where I was last Spring.

 I have big plans for later in the year and everything is right on track.

 I would like to give a shout out to Stiner Massage for helping keep me healthy  so I can pursue my lofty goals.

No comments: