Sunday, August 26, 2012

Another solid week of training for GE2

 I'm feeling pretty excited with the way things are going with the training now. It seems I am 100% recovered from the setbacks in June although I'm not sure if I am back to where I was race wise before then. We'll find out about that next weekend but that's for another post. I've been very consistent with the mileage for the past four weeks with all 4 between 46 and 49 miles.

 This past week I got in some tempo intervals on Monday , a double on Tuesday, a good ultra pace 11 mile practice run  on Wednesday for the upcoming race, a 4 mile time trial effort at Umstead on Thursday and  a nice relaxed 10 miler on Saturday with Mountain Girl. I would have loved some more miles but I am doing a bit of a taper so I also had two planned rest days on Friday and Sunday and I will be taking it very easy this upcoming week.

No comments: