Thursday, January 31, 2008

Tybee Island or Bust.


Road Trip!,

Some of the usual suspects will be heading down to southeastern Georgia this weekend for the Tybee Island Marathon. It's a long way but when looking at my schedule for the year, this race seemed to be one of the few chances I had of squeezing in a Boston qualifying attempt. I would have liked to have had more recovery and training time after Frosty Fifty but with the Umstead 100 coming up in early April, I didn't have many options.
But that's OK, I'll give it a good shot and have some fun in the process. Tybee is a very beautiful place and I'm looking forward to seeing it. Karla will be racing in the half-marathon as she continues to work towards regaining her sub-4 hour marathon shape. This will be a good test for her to test her fitness and be ready for Myrtle Beach in two more weeks. My great traveling buddy Jerry is coming along for the fun too. He will be running the full and just hopes to improve over OBX as he also works his way back into shape. Unfortunately Margo has family commitments and will not able to join us.
Several friends from the Mangum Track Club will be attending including Jay and Anita Finkle, Darrell Elliot and Tom Gabell. Maybe some others as well as a few NCRC people may show up too. The course is pancake flat and with the near perfect weather forecast I should have a great chance at running well. I just have to run smart and hope I have recovered completely.

Race website

No comments: