Wednesday, January 30, 2013

De Grote Experiement Twee. Late January Update

Ok,our  last update was a week before I headed out to Nevada for the 50 mile pr attempt that obviously went very well. I never dreamed I would shatter my pr by over an hour. I have always thought that targeted marathon training has worked best for my ultra running and in this case as in 2006 it seems to have been proven correct.

 While I was out there Amy continued with some quality training with a tough run up a mountain in Boone followed later in the week by a tempo run as her dog dragged her around Lake Lynn (-;

  I recovered quickly taking just 3 days off before resuming running and by the end the week I was right back to normal paces with no soreness. The following week it was right back to business with the marathon training with a great goal marathon pace workout. We did 3 x 3 miles at a little faster than mgp and in the process even with the recoveries were able to shatter Amy's half marathon pr by 10 minutes. I felt great and it was  not only a great workout but a big confidence boost for both of us, especially her.

 Put in some long runs this past weekend and then a hard 6 tuesday followed by a half marathon goal pace run. We ran 4 x 2 miles at ghmp and I nailed the workout, feeling great and running very consistent splits. Amy struggled a little on the last set but then she did run a total of 26.2 miles just 3 days before. At this point I am extremely happy with our progress. I am a bit surprised but very pleased to see how far Amy has come over the past several months and I know she is going to do  great when we race at the Myrtle beach Half Marathon in two weeks. I was a little worried if I was going to be able to hit our target of 1:45 in this test effort but the way things are going now I don't think it will be a problem.

 stay tuned !

No comments: