Thursday, October 18, 2007

ATT 10 Miler Preview

This Saturday I will be running in the 1st edition of The American Tobacco Trail 10 Miler. This is a race put on by the NCRC and the RD is Aaron Quick, a young man that has been very active in the club the past year.
The race is held on a converted rail trail in Western Wake County outside of Apex. The course is nearly flat with only a slight grade of 1% or less over most of the course on a soft dirt surface similar to the bridle trails at Umstead State Park .

My purpose in running this event besides just having fun is to use it as a test to see how my training is going. I have the Richmond Marathon coming up in 3 weeks where I hope to attempt a Boston qualifying time. When I qualified at Myrtle Beach in 2006, I had run a half-marathon at Ocean Isle Beach 3 weeks before and that seemed to be a good predictor of my performance at MB. My goal is to run it in 75:00, a time I feel is necessary if I am to run 3:35 at Richmond. Look for a report soon. In the meantime you can check out the links below for more info on the race and the trail.

Here is a link to the race website

for more info on the trail go here

No comments: