Monday, July 04, 2016

Looking forward to the 2nd half of 2016

  Not too much has changed with my plans since the first of the year but I have pretty much finalized the racing schedule.

  Well a bit of a change is coming this weekend. I had signed up and was looking forward to a trip to New York and the Utica Boilermaker 15k. I really hate to miss it but life has gotten in the way of that happening this year. But as I posted in January, I am looking forward to getting on the track some over the summer. Right now I am hoping to get to at least one and maybe two of the Carolina Godiva TC all comers summer series this month.

  August:

  Still nothing  on the calender for this month. It just depends on if I find a 5k close by but right now I'm leaning towards no races.

 Sept.

 In keeping with the speed theme for the summer, I have entered the Oak City Mile on the 11th. I hope to build on the work done on the track this summer and take a shot at the podium but I expect some tough competion for that one.
  And one I am really looking forward to is the Virgina 10 Miler on the 28th in Lynchburg. Back in the day this was my favorite race on a very challenging course but it has been about 15 years since I have been. Just hope to run strong and if I can make the podium I would be thrilled.

  Oct:

 Just one race this month, The Octoberfest 8k in downtown Raleigh. I've never done this one mainly because of ultras and or marathons but this is the year.

 Nov:

 It seems odd not to say I am running the Derby 50k after a 12 year streak but no ultras this year. Not even Derby. But I am returning to OBX for the 8th time but no marathon. Nope this year I am dropping down to the Half and focusing on running my best in years and getting on the podium there. sure hope we get good weather !

 Dec.

 And then I finish off the year with a trip to the Kiawah Island Marathon and hope to get a strong BQ.

 Well thats it. Right now the body is holding up well and enjoying the faster paced speedwork. I think if I can just keep playing it smart I can achieve the remaing goals I have for this year as part of the master plan.

 Stay tuned !


No comments: