Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year 2009

Greetings friends and readers. I hope everyone has a great year ahead of them. Mine got off to a pretty good start this morning. I was up much earlier than I needed to be on a Holiday, but so far I haven't missed one of the NCRC Resolution Run 5k's. I've only ran the race one time but have volunteered every other year which is what I was planning this morning.

I arrived around 8 am and spent the chilly hour waiting for the race greeting many friends from the club. I was a course monitor as usual and took my position along with Alan Hughes and Laura The Trail Angel. After everyone had gone past the last time, we ran back up the hill and I went to shed some layers of clothing and go out for my test run. The run went very well and was especially nice since Laura chose to slow down and run it with me. We ran a little over the 5k distance due to missing a turn while we were busy chatting about music and other such things we discuss, and averaged about 10mp for the run. I could sure feel the effort going up the hills but otherwise felt good. And I ran pain-free. I'm still not sure if it's over yet. There is still a little tightness this evening but so much better than before.

Thanks for running with me Laura!

No comments: