Saturday, June 17, 2017

A month into the comeback. How time flys

 Hard to believe its been 4 weeks since the last update but its been a busy 4 weeks. The running comeback is on track and going well. I'm being careful and adding mileage slowly with weeks of 6, 19, 23 and 22 miles. I did my longest run of 7 miles this morning with no problem and continue to be pain free.

 Two weeks ago I ran a 5k but didn't post a report. I knew going in with only 2 weeks of running that it would be slow and I didn't want to take a chance and hurt anything. It went much better than expected with a 25:04. That was 2 minutes slower than last year but I felt great and gave me confidence that I can get back to real racing shape by the end of Summer.

 The most exciting thing to happen over the past 3 weeks was the opening of Raleigh Yoga Comapny by my friends Laura and Susan.The location is so convenient for me and with a full schedule of classes that I can take at least one or two classes each day which I have been doing just about everyday ! I was very proud to be the first client in the door and first monthly member. At some point I know I will have to back off the yoga just a little as my running ramps up but right now there has been no problem working both into my life. Who needs free time anyway ? Use it for a workout with friends !

 So here is the totals for the past 4 weeks. 28 days.
73 miles running
23 yin classes or home yin
22 Bikram hot classes
6 inferno hot pilates classes
4 body weight /core sessions.

 Stay tuned for more training fun on the comeback trail

No comments: