Sunday, December 25, 2016

whatcha been up to since Kiawah? Training update

 Its been two weeks since Kiawah Marathon and I'm feeling pretty good. I took two days off from running and  then was happy to have a good 4 miler with no soreness and just a little tightness at 8:53 pace. Mostly just easy running for 5 days and 28.5 miles for the week with all under 9 minute pace.

 The next week due to work and weather I only ran 4 days but I got in 36 miles in those 4 days and all under 9mp including my 14 miler. I did my first hard run earlier in the week and it went much better than expected. An easy 3 followed by 3 at 7:25 average.

 In addition to the running I had no break from the cross training with 8 Bikram Yoga Classes over the two weeks including one on Christmas morning. I've been making time to stop at the gym on the way home from work and some days right after my run and it's paying off. I got in three weights sessions and 9 other workouts of stretching, core and body weight stuff.

 The year is quickly coming to an end so I'll have the  yearly recap post up soon. I'm going to delay the looking ahead just  a bit but I wont hold you in suspense too long. There will be a few surprises and also more of the same as this year. Until then, stay tuned. It's going to be fun !

No comments: