Sunday, December 28, 2014

training update week ending 12-28-14

 The last full week before the end of the year and it was a great one !

 Mon. Started off strong when I had some zip to start so I repeated my 3 x 2 mile marathon race pace workout. 10.3 miles total  at 8:35 pace

 Tues. 5 miles easy but better than expected.

 Wed.  another 5 miles easy but felt even better than yesterday

 Thurs. 6 Christmas miles and felt great. Easy but 8:44 avg.

 Fri. Another awesome workout with Laura. 5 x 1/2 mile repeats. I planned about 730 mile avg pace. Reality was 7:10 down to 6:48 pace and the recoveries were close to or faster than my marathon race pace ! Great fun confidence boost and  a blast being pushed by the honey badger. Total 6 miles at 7:44 avg !

 Sat. A tired but solid 16 miler. Slow 9:19 avg but I did negative split and picked it up quite a bit the last 3 miles.

 Sun. Another easy 6 to bring the weekly total to 54 miles again !

 And as always a solid week of cross-training. 6 core and or glute workouts, 2 weight workouts and one body weight day.



 Very happy with the way things are going now and enjoying it quite a bit. I am looking forward to another solid week ahead. After that a mini taper for a half marathon test race Jan. 10th. More on that later. 12 weeks to go before the marathon ! Stay tuned !

No comments: