Sunday, July 06, 2014

training update 7-6-2014

It's been two weeks since the last update so I thought I would fill you in on what I have been up to.

 Quite a bit of training actually. The last week of June I had a 64 mile week which is well above average and right on my goal of getting into the 60 per week range over the summer. That included another great hill workout at the Art museum with my fastest average splits times ever on a warm muggy morning. I had 2 days with doubles including a fast run on Umstead single track, something I haven't done in awhile. Ended up the week with a solid 18 miler on hills.

 Then this past week I hit 64 miles again. Mostly easier pace stuff in hotter weather early on in  the week but I got in  a 9 mile hill run in Umstead, 3 days of doubles, a progression/tempo run and then solid back to back 10 milers on the weekend. It was a pleasure to be able to share many of the miles over that time with Karla and an added bonus was having Lisa back with us for one, some rare miles with Margo, a couple of 10's with Laura and a guest appearance with Maureen for an hour of one of the long runs. 

 Along with the running I was able to work the cross-training pretty hard with just one day off.

 The next week I will be doing a bit of a mini taper with the Grandfather Mountain Marathon coming up on the 12th.

2 comments:

The Fan said...

JA . .ya prepared to Start out with 15-18"Yasso's"at 3:30??

runjoey said...

No, I believe I will take awhile before I work my way up to that many.