Thursday, September 22, 2011

Hinson Lake 24 hour 2011 Preview


Getting excited and looking forward to returning to this wonderful event courtesy of Tom Gabell and family. This will be my 3rd attempt at running a 24 hour event, all here at Hinson Lake which is located in Rockingham NC.

here is the race website.



My first year I was able to go for 103.36 miles and my goal is to exceed that amount with a target of 106. Hopefully I can use what i learned from that experience and other events since then to pace myself a little better in the earlier miles and keep up better with the fluids and nutrition. I hope that if I can run that far it will place me in the top 10 overall. In 2006 there were about 69 runners and I finished 8th. this year there are 277 entrants and at least 20 have run over 100 in a 24 hour event and several others I know that have gone under 24 hours in 100 mile races so that may be a hard challenge for me.

here is the report from 2006.



I returned in 2007 but was not having a good day and quit after 69 miles in just under 16 hours. Here is that short report.

some pictures.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Looking forward to this one as well!

Unknown said...

That is some high mileage! Sounds like fun. Have a great time! I can't wait to hear about it.